What other resources are there for undocumented people and immigrants in California?

For more information on what it means to be an undocumented person in the United States, you can contact a referral and information hotline such as 1-888-6-CHIRLA (1-888-624-4752), provided in English and Spanish by the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles. The hotline is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and can provide direct services or refer you to other organizations that can help you. It is safe for non-citizens and undocumented people to call this hotline.

You can also check out these free resources online:

    Immigration Advocates Network (IAN): IAN works to provide communication and cooperation between organizations working with immigrant communities. On IAN’s website you can access a database with contact information for nearly 150 organizations helping immigrants in California. Website: http://www.immigrationadvocates.org/nonprofit/legaldirectory/search?state=CA
    National Immigration Law Center (NILC): NILC is a national organization that defends and advances the rights of low-income immigrants and their families. On NILC’s website, you can find a list of additional California organizations that support immigrant families.
    Website: http://www.nilc.org/calres.html
    Immigration Legal Research Center (ILRC): ILRC educates immigrants, community organizations, and the legal community on many different topics that affect immigrants, such as how to protect against becoming a victim of immigration fraud and changes in immigration laws. Website: http://www.ilrc.org/about-ilrc/what-we-do
    National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (NNIRR): NNIRR defends and works to grow the rights for both documented and undocumented immigrants. Website: http://www.nnirr.org/drupal/about-us

Finally, see the new information for immigrants with criminal records in the UNDERSTANDING & CLEANING UP CRIMINAL RECORDS CHAPTER on PG. 980.