I know how much restitution I owe. Can a court order more restitution after I’ve already been sentenced?

Generally, the trial court continues to have control over restitution issues throughout the period between sentencing and the completion of parole or probation.[2261] During that time, the court has the authority to add or modify a restitution order on a motion of the victim, defendant, or district attorney, or on the court’s own motion.[2262] Once the period of parole or probation has expired, the court can no longer order you to pay additional restitution to a victim.[2263]

  1. 2261

    Cal. Judge’s Benchguide § 83.87.

  2. 2262

    Cal. Penal Code § 1202.4(f)(1),

  3. 2263

    People v. Waters (2015) 241 Cal.App.4th 822.