How do I get an educational assessment?

The easiest way to assess your education level is to take an assessment test (also called a placement test). There are two assessment tests that are often used for adults who wish to continue their education: the TABE and the CASAS.[2739]

Don’t worry, these are not the kind of tests you need to study for! These tests measure what academic skills you’re already good at and which ones you need to work on. They help you determine what classes will be the right fit for your current education level.

  1. 2739

    TABE stands for Tests of Adult Basic Education; CASAS stands for Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems. See U.S. Dep’t of Educ., Office of Vocational & Adult Educ., Take Charge of Your Future: Get the Education and Training You Need (2012).