I am undocumented and was just released onto state parole. Will my undocumented immigration status prevent me from getting services?

Probably yes. Federal law prohibits most undocumented people from receiving many state and local public benefits.[3466] In California, this includes parole services such as food and transportation vouchers, job placement services, and short-term cash loans.[3467] If you feel you have been incorrectly denied these services on the basis of your immigration status, you can file an administrative appeal using CDCR Form 602.[3468] See PG. 180 in the PAROLE &A PROBATION CHAPTER for more information on the 602 process.

  1. 3466

    8 U.S.C. § 1621.

  2. 3467

    15 C.C.R. § 3630(a).

  3. 3468

    15 C.C.R. § 3630(c).