Referrals for Parole Consideration Hearings before the BPH
- UnCommon Law is a nonprofit in Oakland that offers sliding-scale representation for parole board hearings. Here is their contact information:
Keith Wattley, Managing Attorney
220 4th Street, Suite 103
Oakland, CA 94607
Keith Wattley is also the director of the Berkeley Law Post-Conviction Advocacy Project (P-CAP), which trains law students to assist with parole hearings for individuals serving life sentences.
- Tracy Lum provides parole hearing assistance at a reasonable rate. Here is her contact information:
Tracy Renee Lum
46 S. Del Puerto Avenue, Suite B #106
Patterson, CA 95363
- If you are incarcerated near the San Francisco Bay Area , Rashida Harmon is an attorney who provides parole representation at a reasonable cost. Here is her contact information:
2323 Broadway Street
Oakland, CA 94612
- Bay Area Legal Incubator (BALI), is a collaboration between the Alameda County Bar Association and five Bay Area law schools. It's an accelerator to help new attorneys get up and running with legal practices in which they are committed to providing affordable legal services. They practice in a wide range of areas including post-conviction relief and parole hearings. Many of them are willing to take cases throughout the state.
The best way to submit an inquiry is via their website: https://www.bayarealegalincubator.org/
- If you are currently incarcerated, you can have a loved one reach out on your behalf. Just make sure that they make it clear in the website form that they are submitting the inquiry for you and include a note about how best to follow up with you.