Selected California Formal Probation Instructions (County Specific)
Formal Probation Instructions by County in CA (for those publicly available)—limited list.
WARNING: It is very important to understand that there are many different types of formal probation programs that vary from county to county in California.
- The Fresno County Probation Department has many types of formal probation programs to monitor your conduct. For example, if you have a drug problem, you could be referred to Drug Court, the PC1000 program, or the Probationers in Recovery program. Whatever the program or type of supervision, you are expected to obey the conditions of probation that were set by the Court.
- The frequency and method of contact with your Probation Officer depends on the seriousness of your commitment offense(s).
- In addition to special supervision programs, there are special programs—these are conditions of probation offered such as Work Furlough and Work Project. These special programs allow for consequences other than custody in jail for a felony or misdemeanor conviction.
In Butte County, there are different types of formal probation supervision units. Examples:
- Adult Supervision Unit—Supervising low to moderate risk offenders, Probation Officers utilize monthly mail-in forms, office appointments, and program referrals to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of probation.
- Field Supervision Unit—Supervising high risk offenders—namely domestic violence, gang, and sex crimes—Probation Officers utilize routine office appointments and searches, drug testing, and treatment program partnership to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of probation.
- Adult Treatment Unit—The Proposition 36 and Drug Court programs supervise offenders with substance abuse issues. Probation Officers utilize routine drug and alcohol tests, office appointments, and treatment program partnership to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of probation.
See Fresno County Adult Probation Department, Frequently Asked Questions, http://www.co.fresno.ca.us/DepartmentPage.aspx?id=12773. ↑
Butte County Probation Department, Formal Adult Probation Caseloads, http://www.buttecounty.net/probation/AdultProbation/TypesofAdultSupervision.aspx. ↑