How do I apply for VA benefits?
The required forms and steps vary for different types of VA benefits. For most VA benefits, you can submit your application online, by mail, or in person at a Regional Benefit Office.
You can get more details about different VA benefits online, by phone, by mail, or in person:
- Online: Visit the Veterans Benefits Administration website for a list of benefit types, along with links to forms and instructions on how to apply: www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/Applying.asp.
- By phone: Call 1-800-827-1000 for questions about benefits; 1-877-222-8387 for questions about health care.
- By mail: Send a written request to one of the Regional Benefit Offices listed below.
- Los Angeles Regional Benefit Office: 11000 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90024
- San Diego Regional Benefit Office: 8810 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108
- Oakland Regional Benefit Office: 1301 Clay St., North Tower, Oakland, CA 94612
- In person: Visit a Regional Benefit Office listed above, or visit any Intake Site. To find an Intake Site near you, ask a Regional Benefit Office or search the online directory at www.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp.