How do I register with the Selective Service?

You can register in 3 ways, and all are equally acceptable. You can register (1) online, (2) by filling out a paper registration form and mailing it to the Selective Service System, OR (3) by checking the “Register Me” option on the Federal Student Financial Aid Application (called the “FAFSA”).

(1) Registering online:

If you have access to a computer with Internet access, this is the fastest and easiest way to register. (Most public libraries have free computer access; see PG. 65 for more information on public library access.)

    Go to
    Fill out the online form and then click “Submit Registration.”

(2) Registering by mail:

You can find the Selective Service registration form at any U.S. post office and at many high schools. If you want to find it online and print it out to send in by mail, you can go to[283] Fill out the form and mail it to: Selective Service System, P.O. Box 94638, Palatine, IL 60094-4638.

(3) Registering through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):

If you are a student applying for federal student financial aid using the FAFSA, you can register simply by checking “Register Me” on Box #22 of that application form. The U.S. Department of Education will send your information to the Selective Service, and you are done!

  1. 283

    How to Register, Selective Serv. Sys.,