What can I do if I am served an eviction notice from tribal housing?

The grievance process for tribal housing issues must be done through your tribal housing authority. Each tribal housing authority rules that allow for grievance procedures, which can include administrative hearings and, where applicable, an appeal to Tribal Court.

If you are facing an eviction hearing it is best to be very well prepared. Gather any relevant documents to submit and prepare witnesses available to testify, where applicable. If compromise is possible, be prepared to offer suggestions that are doable for you (e.g., pay current rent and add on for over due rent a certain amount until the balance is paid; if an ineligible resident has occupied the home, evict that person and/or get a restraining order preventing them from occupying home).