Who can rent units through tribal housing programs?

Each tribe establishes its own eligibility criteria for housing. However, in general applicants must (1) be under income limits as by HUD[3391] and (2) qualify as a member of a tribe.[3392]

How do I apply for tribal housing?

Applications are typically submitted to the tribe’s housing authority. Contact your tribe’s housing authority for application instructions and more information.

  1. 3391

    Program Guidance, Office of Native American Programs, https://www.hud.gov/sites/documents/2017-04FY17ILG.pdf.

  2. 3392

    See Eligibility for Admission, Chapter 7, Housing Policies, Karuk Tribe Housing Authority, http://www.ktha.us/policies/default.asp; Rental Admissions, Yurok Indian Housing Authority, http://www.yurokhousing.com/documents/40-RentalAdmissionPolicy.pdf.