What information will I need to clean up my record?
This is a general list of the information you will need to have for EVERY entry in your criminal record:
- Your case number (sometimes called “docket number”);
- The dates associated with your offense, including the dates of arrest, conviction, sentencing, release, and completion of any term of supervision;
- The name of the code (for example, Penal Code, Health & Safety Code, etc.) and section number of the code that you were accused or convicted of violating;
- Whether you were ordered to serve time on probation (formal and informal probation are treated the same in your record);
- If so, for how long?
- Whether you were ordered to pay any restitution, court fines or penalties, or administrative fees, and how much (learn more about these in the COURT-ORDERED DEBT CHAPTER, beginning on PG. 654); and
- Whether you were sentenced to state prison.